MARKUP ACCOUNTS AND TAXATION COURSE
Markup Education® is An Institute for Accountants®. Our course titled Markup Accounts and
Taxation Course is a focused course for career development of accountants. Particulars of the course
are as follows
Markup Accounts and Taxation Course
Minimum Qualification required:
B.Com with 2 years experience in accounts or B.Com with 60% marks.
Markup Accounts and Taxation Course is meant for accountants who are really interested in
learning and eager to apply the same in their day to day work. For doing this course, hardworking
nature is necessary
It is a course of 10 months (43weeks).
Total course fee is Rs.16400/-. The fees can be paid in 8 installments of Rs.4500 + Rs.1700x7.
Dadar Batch : 5 pm to 8 pm on Saturdays
Thane Batch : 10 am to 1 pm on Sundays
Vile Parle Batch : 4 pm to 7 pm on Sundays
1. Planning for better career prospects – (a) Knowledge required (b) Involvement in work, Self learning and Skill development and (c) Strategy for promotion and job change.
2. Understanding debit credit with reference to Statement of Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet.
Preparation of Balance Sheet in Schedule III format from a Trial Balance of about 10 pages.
3. Raw material, Work-in-progress and finished goods rate workings and Stock valuations.
4. Bank Fixed Deposits and different types Bank Loans.
5. Various issues related to accounts and taxation - Foreign currency transactions, Cash handling,
Bank balance working for issue of cheques, Debit Notes, Bad debts, Prior period adjustments etc.
6. Gratuity rules, Bonus rules, Bonus percentage working and Bonus set-on set-off working.
7. Depreciation working for accounting purpose and Depreciation working for Income tax purpose.
8. Goods and Services Tax – (a) Important aspects relating to Imports, Exports, Stock transfers, Job works etc., (b) Meaning, importance and implications of Place of supply and Time of supply of goods and services, (c) Negative list of goods and services, Exempted goods and services and Reverse charge, (d) Important aspects relating to Outward supplies, Inward supplies and Matching of Input Tax Credit, (e) Sales accounting and Sales Registers for different types of sales, (f) Purchase accounting and Purchase Registers for different types of purchases and
(g) Guidance for filing of GST Returns.
9. Income tax provisions relating to (a) Capital contributions, (b) Receipt of loans/deposits,
(c) Repayment of loans/deposits, (d) Payment of loans and (e) Disallowances.
10. Important Income tax provisions relating to Capital gains, Special/normal rates of tax, Marginal relief, Advance tax working, Computation of income, Minimum Alternate Tax, Interest on Income tax refunds, Interest/late fees payable u/s 234A/234B/234C/234F, TDS, Deferred tax etc
11. Tax Audit requirements - Reconciliations and preparation of statements for Tax Audit purpose.
12. Important provisions of the Companies Act, Company law returns and Statutory registers.
13. Schedule III requirements and Comprehensive knowledge of account groups and account heads
14. Finalizarion of accounts - (a) Planning for finalization, (b) Collection of reports, certificates etc., (c) Finalization of accounts by preparing about 75 statements, (d) Finalization of individual accounts not covered in statements and (e) Ledger account scrutiny.
Special Features for Effective Learning:
1. Study material of 270 pages and Handouts
2. Homework of 400 questions and 10 assignments
3. Three written tests of 3 hours each
4. Course completion certificate with grade for commitment to the cause and marks scored in the following subjects
(a) Accounts and allied subjects
(b) Taxation and allied subjects
(c) Depreciation, Company Law, Schedule III and Finalisation.
Following persons can avail 70% Loan Scholarship
(a) Fresh/Unemployed B.Com graduates with 70% marks
(b) B.Com graduates with 70% marks employed with a salary of less than Rs.10,000/- per month.